Since 2015, the winning edge has supported more than 20 young professionals in sports business through mentorship, a game changing network, and more.
What We've Achieved
- Placement of student-athletes in volunteer and internship opportunities to gain valuable experience:
- SEC Network
- bdglobal Sports
- Encouraged and supported the growth of an effective network of influence for young professionals.
- Introduced and prepared students for post-secondary opportunities from graduate school to entry-level jobs.
- Bridged the gap of exposure of the many perspectives in sports business.
- Promoted the importance of mentorship to support the changing landscape of sports business.
- Changed the lives of those who have a desire to be successful in sports business.
With the help of individuals and organizations across the country our game changers gain experience and network as they start their journey into sports business.
From working three days at the SEC Women's Basketball tournament in Greenville to helping set up for the Winter X-Games in Aspen our game changers have been all over the country and beyond to gain valuable experience that prepares them for every stop on their journey..
In sports business who you know and who knows you can make a significant difference. With a supportive network and resources our game changers take enrichment trips that expose them to events and the people who get it done on game day. shadowing game staff for a Tennessee vs kentucky football game or attending The National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) convention, these trips introduce game changers to areas of sports business they did not even know existed.
Public speaking and a solid resume are some of the skills we promote through our WE Huddles. Led by experts on the subject our Huddles provide tools for the next generation's tool box. Our game changers are not the only benefactors of our Huddle, they are open for any student who wants to make a great first impression.
So many people have given to our mission and provided opportunities for our game changers and WE want to continue that cycle of giving. Our Winning Edge Give Back events are ways for game changers to influence their community and gain experience leading an event from start to finish.
Co-founders corinne and maria spend time visiting college campuses around the country providing media training, professional development and more to current student-athletes.