Since 2015, the winning edge has supported more than 20 young professionals in sports business through mentorship, a game changing network, and more.
What We've Achieved
- Placement of student-athletes in volunteer and internship opportunities to gain valuable experience:
- SEC Network
- bdglobal Sports
- Encouraged and supported the growth of an effective network of influence for young professionals.
- Introduced and prepared students for post-secondary opportunities from graduate school to entry-level jobs.
- Bridged the gap of exposure of the many perspectives in sports business.
- Promoted the importance of mentorship to support the changing landscape of sports business.
- Changed the lives of those who have a desire to be successful in sports business.
With the help of individuals and organizations across the country our game changers gain experience and network as they start their journey into sports business.
From working three days at the SEC Women's Basketball tournament in Greenville, S.C. to helping set up for the Winter X-Games in Aspen, CO our game changers have been all over the country and beyond to gain valuable experience that prepares them for every stop on their journey..
In sports business who you know and who knows you can make a significant difference. With our network and resources our game changers take enrichment trips to expose them to the venues and people who get it done on game day and beyond. Visiting campuses like the University of Tennessee for the Lady Vols last game of the season and meeting with Tennessee athletic staff or going to the announcement of Greensboro's newest NBA D-Leauge team, the Swarm, these trips introduce game changers to areas of sports business they did not even know existed.
Public speaking and a solid resume are some of the skills we promote through our WE Huddles. Led by experts on the subject our Huddles provide tools for the next generation's tool box. Our game changers are not the only benefactors of our Huddle, they are open for any student who wants to make a great first impression.
So many people have given to our mission and provided opportunities for our game changers and WE want to continue that cycle of giving. Our Winning Edge Give Back events are ways for game changers to influence their community and gain experience leading an event from start to finish.